is on the rise at a really alarming rate. Between the years 1980 and 2001, the cases of diabetes doubled and from 2000 to 2016 cases doubled again!! It is a devastating disease, with the potential to cause blindness, kidney failure, and possible amputation.
There are plenty of signs and symptoms that might indicate the onset of the disease.
1) Increased urination, as well as more frequent trips to the bathroom.
2) Increase in thirst for no apparent reason.
3) Tingling, numbness in fingers, toes, hands, feet and later in arms and legs. And as time goes on some degree of muscle wasting.
4) Unexpected weight-loss for no reason, about 7 to 14 lbs in about 6 months. Losing weight even though you haven’t reduced your food intake.
This can happen because the body can’t absorb glucose properly. The lack of insulin is the problem, it transports glucose from the blood into the body’s cells to use as energy. The body resorts to using fat and muscle as a source of energy.
5) An increase in appetite that is more than temporary, accompanied by some weight-loss.
6) Possible eye problems like glaucoma (pressure in the eye and retina nerve damage)
7) Flaky, itchy, and irritated skin.
8) Tiredness and fatigue.
9) Wounds, cuts and nicks slow to heal
10) Gum problems irritated swollen, red and sore.
It a serious disease that is on the increase in all ages (it’s a worry). Whether you think you have diabetes or not, make some real changes to your lifestyle and diet. Today.
It really isn’t too early or too late to make nutritional changes. A healthy diet has a profound effect on every aspect of your health and life. I have been a naturopath for 26 years and have seen first hand with many people how wonderfully effective it can be.
If you need some guidance I have written an easy to follow 12 Essentials program you can download today Click Here